This is a signature image for me. Those who know me can guess that I could go on about it’s significance for an hour (boring you to death).
To save you that, here is the bullet point version of why it is important to me as symbolizing many aspects of life’s journey:
- To grow as a person we need to move forward and upward as in walking up stairs
- If we go backwards we usually go down as well
- It is never constant or smooth – plateaus and steps up
- Sometimes we need help or guidance (handrail)
- Sometimes we can go a different route (side handrail)
- Sometimes it is clear where we are going (well lit part of the stairs)
- Sometimes it is not very clear where we are going (darker part of steps)
- Etc, etc.
I think I am honest in saying I make most of my images for myself more than to show others. So posting here is part of my journey. Part of becoming more aware. That could be scary!
PS: I think if Tony Bridge ever came across this image he would remind me, as he has before, that life is more of a spiral. While that is true, I like the edginess of the image as well as its symbolism.